So I bought a 2004 TSX, with 158xxx miles on the odometer.
I used to be big into Acura’s, owned a few integra’s. My last was a four door GSR that I turbocharged and bagged.
I picked up this TSX with the goal of an OEM+ style to it. I plan to document my ownership of it.
Mod’s when I purchased it are:
– SRD cat back exhaust
– BC BR Type coilovers with 34k front swift springs, 10k swift rears
– Work Emotion CR Kai 18×9.5 +12 wheels with 225/40 tires
– Clarion VX405 head unit in the cubby section
– A Spec front lip
– Mugen grille
– oem euro r headlights
– DC5 Type R shift knob
– side skirt splitters
Just for record, here is the Craigslist ad for it.
Bought it from my cousin in law in Florida and promptly drove it 1800+ miles back to Colorado.
Here are a few photos as it came when I bought it.
Now to document the bad:
- The navigation touch screen isn’t working
- Passenger side front fender is damaged due to a tire blow out.
- Wheel/tire combo are too wide for my taste.
- VSA and “exclamation point inside triangle” light was on
- Fog lights aren’t connected.
It’s a great looking car. And it made the 1800+ mile cross country drive with no major issues. I noticed a “slow to start” type condition during my three day drive home, so after a day into the drive I bought an Optima yellow top battery from Advance Auto Parts in Mississippi. I also picked up some Rain X wiper blades at that time too.
Next order of business is to get the car looked over and fix the things that aren’t working or that I’m particular about.